Journal The Garage

I have noticed in the Garage thread the mention of eating animals such as deer, possum, snake, bear, squirrels, etc... I have never eaten these kinds animals, including lamb or goats.
You missed the part where people were STATING they had eaten.......................wait for it...... MOOSE.... I had to take Mr. Moose to therapy a few days ago. I think he has recovered... I gave him some extra peanut butter cups and now he is hoping to get some garden work.

Good morning, PaducahLuke;

I have noticed in the Garage thread the mention of eating animals such as deer, possum, snake, bear, squirrels, etc... I have never eaten these kinds animals, including lamb or goats.

The only meat I eat is cow, bacon, sausage and certain fish.

I think its often times how its prepared on how well it taste.
I think Elk is right up there close with Cow around these parts. I see deer every day all day.
So they are super common and hunted quite a bit. We actually have a road Kill law here.
If its been hit, you can pick it up.

True story, I was working back in 2010 at the recovery facility I supervised. And was about 10pm.
I heard this bank out front on the road way its a main thorough fair.
I went out to see this truck smashed in the front. Driver was fine I called 911 and as I was walking out to help.
Another Pickup pulled up. Two men jumped out. Picked up the deer thru it in the back of the truck, and drove off.
Or my son who is opening his own game butchering.

PaducahLuke ....Whose gonna tell him?????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Never mind... it was Bob he quoted.... not you. HA. I am soooooooooo enjoying this.

Such fond memories of WAVING at you from a distance. HAHAHA

Last edited:
In Awe of Him, that thar info is classified under back woods Kentucky civil law... can't say nuthin' more... ever !

Hey, thar 'Rooted' - does the law where you are say that a police report has to be filled out before the carcass can be taken away by anyone? Here in Kentucky there ain't no laws about roadkill that I know of.

My cousin Bubba thinks that "Fast Food" is hittin' a deer at 60 MPH.

In Awe of Him, that thar info is classified under back woods Kentucky civil law... can't say nuthin' more... ever !

Hey, thar 'Rooted' - does the law where you are say that a police report has to be filled out before the carcass can be taken away by anyone? Here in Kentucky there ain't no laws about roadkill that I know of.

My cousin Bubba thinks that "Fast Food" is hittin' a deer at 60 MPH.
No no papers, just a pickup LOL I mean I guess one can take a selfie with the deer if they want.
Hunting is pretty huge here and is was a way of life for along time.
Its odd as to hunt a deer you need a tag, Hit it on the road or someone else. You just take it home.

Is there a difference??? HAHA. What are you trying to say Mr. Rooted???? Are you calling the GARAGE strange and abnormal? HAHAHAHA.
I would love to give and explanation, but my attorney advises against it, as making any statements and acknowledging these statements may incriminate me, my dog, and possibly the mailman. There for I am restricting my comments as :

If it walks like a duck, looks like a duck. It allegedly could be. said duck.

Its funny you mention Alexa. When Im home alone and bored while cleaning, I will have entire nonsensical conversations with her.
I will randomly ask her philosophical questions, ask her to tell me a story, or something like a dad joke.
Eventually she will answer those "what is the meaning of life" kinds of inquiries if you pester her programming.
One day I was laughing so hard my daughter heard me through our ring camera at the front door.
She actually listened to me asking Alexa to tell me more jokes. She even shared a few at work.

Kids... or Alexa... (Im easily entertained).

B'fore I wuz married, I had a girlfriend named Alexa. I could talk with her all day and all she would say is "Slow down, yer drivin' yer pickup truck too fast." Well now, any self respectin' back woods hillbilly ain't gonna slow down and get stuck in mud, so I just told her to hang on to the pickup bed in the back a little tighter and everything would be OK. There wuz'nt room for her in the cab, 'cause my huntin' dogs wuz taking up all the seat room. I hit a big bump in the road once, and I didn't see her fer a couple days. After that, she were'nt my girl friend no more. I says, "Alexa, where have you been?" She said, "I walked 4 miles home and been tryin' to get the mud outa my hair ever since."

When I heard the name 'Alexa' in this here thread, I got to wonderin' if Amazon had been talkin' to my old girlfriend, 'cause she didn't make much sense most of the time, either.

Y'all have a good day, now, y'hear.

`
8e72f13cbd9c9aace033c884da069445.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back