Journal The Garage

Good morning my precious and wonderful forum family.

It's been quite the comical place these last few days. For some who might not understand why there is no fixed topic here or why things get a bit silly (... ok.... really silly ).... I just want to say..... BECAUSE.......
I LOVE IT!!!!!

Our world is FILLED with such negative thoughts and so many people are living with a level of anxiety that is not healthy. The media is ensuring that we are always living in fear and doubt... and that is NOT what God wants for us.
He sent us the Holy Spirit to comfort us... to help us... and to bring us hope. LAUGHTER and PURE and CLEAN HUMOUR is a gift that blesses everyone with a bit of much needed JOY.
So.... that is why... I EMBRACE everyone to enter into the wonderful environment we have created here at the ZOO... I mean GARAGE. HAHAHA.

Well... Is it just me or Is the time just absolutely ZOOMING by? it is already September 5th.

I would really like to be cleaning up the garden area this week but I still have a lot of tomatoes that need to turn orange. I really don't like picking them when they are green. Yesterday... I noticed that some sort of critter had taken a bite out of one of my larger tomatoes that was not quite ripe but... getting there.... HOW RUDE!!! They don't seem to bother with the green ones... HA..... the Canadian bugs are SMART!!!!! HAHA.

It's time for me to start thinking about my September meal for the Fire Department. This month I am cooking for my favourite platoon. This is the team that invited me to come dine with them in April... the same month I went to see the Stampeders. :D ~~~~~~ Sweet City Woman~~~~~

I think I am going to make a nice beef stew but a fancy one with red wine.... onions... carrots and mushrooms. It's more like a beef bourguignon.... and the stew goes over mashed potatoes. Oh my goodness... it's so delicious because the sauce is deep and rich with thyme... rosemary... and some parsley. Anyways... I will serve that with some nice dinner buns.... and for dessert... I'm going to make pineapple upside down cake with real whipping cream.

My poor jigsaw puzzle is not getting done.... BUT... it will... I am just not there yet... because I have garden stuff to do... I'm still not in the groove of autumn/winter activities yet.

So then... Happy Thursday to all of you... I hope everyone has a BLESSED and BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!

Good morning my precious and wonderful forum family. It's been quite the comical place these last few days. For some who might not understand why there is no fixed topic here or why things get a bit silly (... ok.... really silly ).... I just want to say..... BECAUSE....... I LOVE IT!!!!! So.... that is why... I EMBRACE everyone to enter into the wonderful environment we have created here at the ZOO... I mean GARAGE. HAHAHA. I think I am going to make a nice beef stew but a fancy one with red wine.... onions... carrots and mushrooms. It's more like a beef bourguignon.... and the stew goes over mashed potatoes. So then... Happy Thursday to all of you... I hope everyone has a BLESSED and BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!

Good morning, In Awe of Him;

It's your Garage! So have a ball! If I were to enter the Garage I would enjoy home cooked stew while the rest of you are eating Moose burgers with green, orange, purple or chocolate tomatoes! lol!

And maybe, just maybe, I may take out my puzzle which has 1000 pieces and finally work on it.

B😎b 👍!!!

Things to pounder:

Today, is the last day after yesterday as it will be the first day before tomorrow.
So let the best day you can have, to always occur before tomorrow.

God has a plan for you today. He always has had a plan for you today.
No matter what day, today is. You can rest in knowing your plan has always today waiting for you.
And will always exists before the next day. For God is timeless.

It's your Garage! So have a ball! If I were to enter the Garage I would enjoy home cooked stew while the rest of you are eating Moose burgers with green, orange, purple or chocolate tomatoes! lol!

And maybe, just maybe, I may take out my puzzle which has 1000 pieces and finally work on it.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... and still....... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... BOB was funny again!

except the part where he DARED to reference us as eating *oose* burgers. Perhaps you meant eating burgers with Mr. Moose.... and that usually happens on Saturdays... NO burgers of the moose kind allowed in the garage. HA.

and speaking of your puzzle.... t'is the season Bob. HA.

I think I am going to make a nice beef stew but a fancy one with red wine.... onions... carrots and mushrooms. It's more like a beef bourguignon.... and the stew goes over mashed potatoes. Oh my goodness... it's so delicious because the sauce is deep and rich with thyme... rosemary... and some parsley. Anyways... I will serve that with some nice dinner buns.... and for dessert... I'm going to make pineapple upside down cake with real whipping cream.
That sounds gooooood!
This reminded me of a recipe I came up with. I call it Beef Pepper Cabbage.
Ground beef, onion, browned up, then minced garlic, 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, diced (cooked) red and green bell peppers, oregano, basil, then throw in a head of cooked green cabbage, salt and pepper to taste. Once it is heated through, spoon it on mashed potatoes.

This reminded me of a recipe I came up with. I call it Beef Pepper Cabbage.
I get so anxious about these large meals I prepare because I want to get it perfect. I went to one of the grocery stores yesterday to see if they could give me a half decent price on chuck meat. They have on-site butcher. Well... that did not go well... HA....so... I'm back to being uncertain as to what I will be serving for my meal. I try to go by the sales since money is something I don't have an abundance of.

Anyways... your stew is very similar to how I make my hamburger soup/stew.... cabbage is absolutely a MUST for a good stew... I also put turnip, I prefer leaving out the potatoes in stew and filling it with other veggies and then pouring it on a nice bed of mashed potatoes. I don't know.... just something about that makes it more delicious ( in my opinion ). Next time I make this stew... I will add in the peppers as you suggested. I love peppers... but never think of putting them in anything other than spaghetti sauce.

That's IT, BOB!!!! I'm sitting on your chair now and eating half melted peanut butter cups! And NO napkin!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...... The WRATH of the moose..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
SUCKS to be BOB!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... I tried to warn him... He doesn't seem to understand the
delicate balance in which the Garage operates. HAHAHAHAHA ... I think perhaps he is not used to
communicating with black sheep... mooses... and snails. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA .... and still.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The most northern of norths in US is still the southest of souths in Canada. HA

I have experienced a very casual crossing of the border from the southern of souths to Canada.

I was wondering if people like living in the northern of norths of Canada - Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut?

It must be freezing cold there, even too cold to put puzzles together with frozen fingers. ✌️ 🥶 ✌️

I have experienced a very casual crossing of the border from the southern of souths to Canada.
I on the other hand... have experienced a not so casual REFUSAL of entry to your fine country.
Sadly... I suspect this type of unfair treatment...to NORMAL citizens with NO criminal past to be an
issue on both sides of the border. It is what it is. I am fine to stay put in Canada since I don't have
any desire to travel anywhere. :D

It takes a special breed of people to survive and live in the northern most places I believe. It's not my cup
of tea... I LOVE the four seasons and we quite literally get them where I live.

Speaking of puzzles... it's full on raining today so my puzzle is sorted and the border pieces are ready to put together.
HAHAHA... I always place the 4 corner pieces in a separate container.

Attachments

• IMG_20240906_113353.jpg
    IMG_20240906_113353.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 0
Back