What Defines God's Word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I have, I thought that would have been taken for granted by speaking on a public forum and saying that I believe in him. I've tried to kindly tell friends and family he was/is the messiah and past generations have done the wrong thing and subsequently led us astray, making us, in what we are told to be believe to be the truth, a very bad thing by denying Jesus and told them to think for themselves and read the NT. It hasn't been received well. No one believes me. I stand alone amongst everyone I know by believing in Jesus and God.
Thank you for your kindness, I love you too and your passion for God/Christ and for being true to yourself and coz you're a good guy.
It is not God's will that you lead people to Him by telling them that He appeared specially / miraculously to you. I would not in a million years care or believe you if I was not a Christian.

Now if you lived Christ and the evidence of your encounter was in inside you, different story.

Of course I have, I thought that would have been taken for granted by speaking on a public forum and saying that I believe in him. I've tried to kindly tell friends and family he was/is the messiah and past generations have done the wrong thing and subsequently led us astray, making us, in what we are told to be believe to be the truth, a very bad thing by denying Jesus and told them to think for themselves and read the NT. It hasn't been received well. No one believes me. I stand alone amongst everyone I know by believing in Jesus and God.
Thank you for your kindness, I love you too and your passion for God/Christ and for being true to yourself and coz you're a good guy.

I am sorry Softely but salvation is not something I take for granted and that is why I asked.......to make sure.

It is not God's will that you lead people to Him by telling them that He appeared specially / miraculously to you. I would not in a million years care or believe you if I was not a Christian.

Now if you lived Christ and the evidence of your encounter was in inside you, different story.

Agreed.
Again............Rom. 10:17 says it all........."Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God".

I am sorry Jim but this is simply not true. The message being taught and sanctioned here is that God is partial. God is not partial. He loves 'softly' a lot, but He will not give special treatment like this to anyone.

I have had many good friends at church who have made similar claims. They were all young Christians. Now what is the Christian approach if not to share the truth with them in love? What you guys are doing is pushing her over that edge. Not helping her at all!

Jesus would ''not'' appear literally to anyone. We will see Him in His glory at the rapture or His second coming.

Now as I have said, we can be forgiven for wild claims. But we must discern them. If Softly taught from the pulpit at my church about how God of the universe appeared literally to ...just her as He did to Moses and Paul.......every elder and 99% of the members in the congregation would ask her to sit down. Why is that? Is she going to write another NT or set the Jews free from Muslims?

Absolutely correct!

All of you who believe that anyone has seen the literal Jesus Christ please answer me this simple question..........
"How in the world does anyone know what He looks like"????

Then what really concerns me is how easy it is for so many people to conventially discard the Bible verse which do not allow for this to happen.

Its like........I really like this idea and I want it to be the normal thing so it is OK to accept this and believe it.

OK.........here it is. A wonderful elderly woman I dearly love gave a testimony one evening and declared that during the night, Jesus came to her, talked with her, held her hand and then pulled two of her bad teeth and replaced them with two gold ones.
Sure enough she showed everyone the two gold teeth.

Do we love this woman so much that we allow everyone to accept that story as truth and set aside the Word of God which does not allow this to have taken place?????

Please folks, think about what you are suggesting!!!

People do experience real visions of Jesus. Muslims, Jews and Hindus are having these experiences every day and coming to Christ. The Damascus experience of meeting Jesus is not Paul's alone, praise God!

Last edited:
Absolutely correct!

All of you who believe that anyone has seen the literal Jesus Christ please answer me this simple question..........

Then what really concerns me is how easy it is for so many people to conventially discard the Bible verse which do not allow for this to happen.

Its like........I really like this idea and I want it to be the normal thing so it is OK to accept this and believe it.

OK.........here it is. A wonderful elderly woman I dearly love gave a testimony one evening and declared that during the night, Jesus came to her, talked with her, held her hand and then pulled two of her bad teeth and replaced them with two gold ones.

Do we love this woman so much that we allow everyone to accept that story as truth and set aside the Word of God which does not allow this to have taken place?????

So then those 40 days Jesus visited all sorts of folks was not Jesus but an angel of light working for the devil ?

So then those 40 days Jesus visited all sorts of folks was not Jesus but an angel of light working for the devil ?

But that does not answer the question does it Jim?
How many took His picture so there would be a record of His image???

So the question is still.......How would anyone know what Jesus looked like ??????

If the Lord Jesus is appearing to people in visions in order for them to be saved, where does that leave faith? "Now faith is the substantiating of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1). This is a genuine question, and I wouldn't claim to know the answer. All I know is that I hope to be with the Lord, I'm convinced that He is a living Man and my Saviour - these things are more real to me than the physical things around me, because of faith. If I come to know the Lord Jesus by sight, and not by faith, is that a real conversion? It could said, however, that faith must've been active first before a vision was granted.

Another question I would have is if there's a scriptural basis for expecting that the Lord is now appearing in visions to people. Now, we know that He isn't appearing bodily or corporeally to people. 2 Corinthians 5:16: "So that we henceforth know no one according to flesh; but if even we have known Christ according to flesh, yet now we know him thus no longer." The disciples knew Jesus when He was here, but now they knew Him in a different way, a spiritual way. He is a heavenly Man, a Man in glory. But visions are a different matter - a physical manifestation is not what's being claimed here. What scriptures would we use to test visions?

We should be clear that Saul's experience on the Damascus road, and the visions of others such as Stephen were unique incidences - this is not 'normal' Christian experience by any means.

If the Lord Jesus is appearing to people in visions in order for them to be saved, where does that leave faith? "Now faith is the substantiating of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1). This is a genuine question, and I wouldn't claim to know the answer. All I know is that I hope to be with the Lord, I'm convinced that He is a living Man and my Saviour - these things are more real to me than the physical things around me, because of faith. If I come to know the Lord Jesus by sight, and not by faith, is that a real conversion? It could said, however, that faith must've been active first before a vision was granted.

Another question I would have is if there's a scriptural basis for expecting that the Lord is now appearing in visions to people. Now, we know that He isn't appearing bodily or corporeally to people. 2 Corinthians 5:16: "So that we henceforth know no one according to flesh; but if even we have known Christ according to flesh, yet now we know him thus no longer." The disciples knew Jesus when He was here, but now they knew Him in a different way, a spiritual way. He is a heavenly Man, a Man in glory. But visions are a different matter - a physical manifestation is not what's being claimed here. What scriptures would we use to test visions?

We should be clear that Saul's experience on the Damascus road, and the visions of others such as Stephen were unique incidences - this is not 'normal' Christian experience by any means.

Agreed Grant.
What is particularly disturbing to me is how easily we seem able to set aside the words of Scripture so as to allow people to experience what they want to have happen in their lives.

But that does not answer the question does it Jim?
How many took His picture so there would be a record of His image???

So the question is still.......How would anyone know what Jesus looked like ??????

Major Hello,
Hey you asked me how any one would know what Jesus looked like.....

Ok let me ask you this..........
Major are you born again ?
Major is your name written in the lambs book of life ?

Ok for the hum dinger which flows with your knowing what Jesus looks like..........
So tell me Major...........What does this book of life look like ? Have you or any one seen it ?
How is your name written ?

But you still Believe or know dont you ?

Now then let me ask you another question..............
With our loving relationship with Jesus and The Father.........don't you think we would just know that we know ?

Have you ever felt Jesus or the Fathers presence in your life ? How did you know it was either of them ?

Dont you think we would feel Jesus Presence if He stood in front of us ?
That is all - as you were brother ;)
God Bles
Jim

One confronted with Jesus Himself still must exercise faith in order to believe. Do you people forget that Jesus actually walked the earth for 33 years and was crucified by people who witnessed His miracles and His truth but had no faith to believe?

1. People do experience real visions of Jesus. Muslims, Jews and Hindus are having these experiences every day and coming to Christ. 2. The Damascus experience of meeting Jesus is not Paul's alone, praise God!
1. We are not arguing that people have visions.
2. Actually it is worlds apart from these. Can you explain why you think it is on par?

One confronted with Jesus Himself still must exercise faith in order to believe. Do you people forget that Jesus actually walked the earth for 33 years and was crucified by people who witnessed His miracles and His truth but had no faith to believe?
What are you talking about?

Major Hello,
Hey you asked me how any one would know what Jesus looked like.....

Ok let me ask you this..........
Major are you born again ?
Major is your name written in the lambs book of life ?

Ok for the hum dinger which flows with your knowing what Jesus looks like..........
So tell me Major...........What does this book of life look like ? Have you or any one seen it ?
How is your name written ?

But you still Believe or know dont you ?

Now then let me ask you another question..............
With our loving relationship with Jesus and The Father.........don't you think we would just know that we know ?

Have you ever felt Jesus or the Fathers presence in your life ? How did you know it was either of them ?

Dont you think we would feel Jesus Presence if He stood in front of us ?
That is all - as you were brother ;)
God Bles
Jim

Think as you wish Jim. Again, why do you and others apply this to Me. This is not about me.

It is actually about those who will not accept what the Scriptures are saying to you....not me.

In heaven we will actually see the Lord face to face. No matter what you ask me or pose questions to me about according to the Scriptures it is impossible in the earthly realm to see the Lord face to face.

Again, God said in Ex. 33:20.......
"No man can see Me and live!"

In John 1:18 ..............
"No one has seen God at any time."

1 John 4:12 says,........
"No one has seen God at any time."

First Timothy 6:16 declares that God..............
"alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see."

Hab. 1:13 God is said to be.........
"of purer eyes than to behold evil, and cannot look on wickedness".

I did not write those words and I can not just ignore them as you and others are willing to do. I will not explain them away or spiritualize them to have some other meaning. They are what they are!

You are choseing not to accept them and that is your choice to do so but please understand it has nothing to do with what "I believe" but everything to do with what those actual words do say.

As long as we are tainted by sin, and "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23)we cannot see God. The view of such perfect righteousness would destroy us.

And He was alive and well and was seen by all.

Then died, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.

He is not walking on the earth today to be seen by anyone my sister.

Mark 16:19 ...........

" So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. "

1 Peter 3:22.........

" who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him."

John 14:2–3 ..........

"In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. "

So, biblically, Jesus is in an actual place called heaven, a place of glory where God dwells with His angels and redeemed children.

He is also residing within every believer in the person of the Holy Spirit, whom He sent to be in us and with us (John 15:26; Romans 8:9–10).

Next, Jesus lives to intercede for those who believe in Him (Hebrews 7:25). He makes requests on our behalf and brings our prayers before the Father.

Then, we see in 1 John 2:1–2 that Jesus is our Advocate when we sin. Positioned between us and holy God, Christ declares our righteous standing because of His sacrifice and our faith in Him.

And He was alive and well and was seen by all.

Then died, rose from the dead and ascended to heaven.

He is not walking on the earth today to be seen by anyone my sister.

Mark 16:19 ...........

" So then the Lord Jesus, after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God. "

1 Peter 3:22.........

" who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, with angels, authorities, and powers having been subjected to him."

John 14:2–3 ..........

"In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. "

So, biblically, Jesus is in an actual place called heaven, a place of glory where God dwells with His angels and redeemed children.

He is also residing within every believer in the person of the Holy Spirit, whom He sent to be in us and with us (John 15:26; Romans 8:9–10).

Next, Jesus lives to intercede for those who believe in Him (Hebrews 7:25). He makes requests on our behalf and brings our prayers before the Father.

Then, we see in 1 John 2:1–2 that Jesus is our Advocate when we sin. Positioned between us and holy God, Christ declares our righteous standing because of His sacrifice and our faith in Him.

Jesus will present Himself to people, and more so in this day and age, in order to bring them to Himself. He is now doing this more and more in order to bring those who live in bondage to religions that are hostile to Christianity, and who are crying out for truth! This is all in keeping with the prophecy of Joel 2.

Watch the videos I posted...they are right on the money.

Jesus will present Himself to people, and more so in this day and age, in order to bring them to Himself. He is now doing this more and more in order to bring those who live in bondage to religions that are hostile to Christianity, and who are crying out for truth! This is all in keeping with the prophecy of Joel 2.

Watch the videos I posted...they are right on the money.

Sorry sister, I do not agree with you. I wish I could however, when a comparison of the events in Joel 2 is made with what occurred on Pentecost in Acts 2 it falls short of fulfillment at any point. The Spirit's activity in Joel cannot be separated from the events that will transpire during the tribulation, thus it could not have been fulfilled in Acts 2 unless the tribulation had taken place at that time, which it did not. Pleae take close look in verse 16, at the unique statement of Peter ("this is that"), is the language of comparison, not fulfillment.

Sorry sister, I do not agree with you. I wish I could however, when a comparison of the events in Joel 2 is made with what occurred on Pentecost in Acts 2 it falls short of fulfillment at any point. The Spirit's activity in Joel cannot be separated from the events that will transpire during the tribulation, thus it could not have been fulfilled in Acts 2 unless the tribulation had taken place at that time, which it did not. Pleae take close look in verse 16, at the unique statement of Peter ("this is that"), is the language of comparison, not fulfillment.

Joel refers to the end times. We are there. However, Paul was referring to Joel in reference to the fact that we are now in the final dispensation before Jesus returns. These things have been happening ever since, and now it has stepped up as the Rapture is imminent.

Absolutely correct!

Does the word of God and the gospel teach you to shame and mock people like myself. Jesus Christ gave 2 commandments, love God with your all heart and love others like you love yourself. Do you look in the mirror and hate on yourself every day. What does living in Christ mean to you. Are you a good example of the words you preach.

Paul says that not all was revealed, this means there will be things that you do not understand.
1 Corinthians 13:9
"For WE KNOW IN PART and WE PROPHESY IN PART, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. NOW WE SEE BUT A POOR REFLECTION, then we shall see FACE TO FACE. Now I know IN PART, then I SHALL KNOW FULLY, even as I am fully known."

I will never renounce Jesus Christ for you major and that is what you are telling me to do and demanding others believe. There are implications to your accusations that others will be affected by. If you do not believe that Jesus Christ can show himself to others at his will, which by implication announces you do not believe in his ability to also be resurrected, please keep your peace and do not dis-sway others from the love, truth and incomprehensible wisdom of God and Jesus Christ.

If you do believe Jesus Christ rose from the dead and showed himself to 500 people who are not individually described and recorded in the bible then it should be of no concern to you that he showed himself to myself, a Jew, who will never lie and say she did not see Jesus Christ to appease others.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

I SAW Jesus Christ and HEARD the words of Jesus Christ. God knows my heart and truth and will deal with me accordingly if I have lied and I do NOT lie. My consciounce is clear.

The words I have shared with you so far.
"Read revelation chapter 2"
"Read the New Testament"
"You will say 'I am a Jew and I have seen Jesus Christ' "
"You will tell people 'I am a Jew and I have been taken by Jesus Christ' "
"Tell the bad people I am a Jew and I have been taken by Jesus Christ"
"You are witnessing prophesy"

Why do you not believe in the power of God to do as he wishes by his will and not yours or mine, or anyone else's.

As for knowing what he looks like, tens of thousands of people saw him and knew, I saw him, of course I know what he looks like. I recently applied for an art course so I can, as precisely as I can remember, and with guidance from the Holy Spirit if it be Gods will, draw or paint what I saw. Why can't we know what Jesus looks like, Isn't that why he doesn't hide his face.

Your mockery, shaming and lack of conscience for the effects on others and myself scare me. You scare me. I have chosen not to reply to posts in other threads because of fear of you for believing in Jesus Christ. This is most likely my last post ever, because I need and want God in my life and you are a blockage to believing in the almighty power of God and Jesus Christ. I decided yesterday after much heart break that I would not tell another soul I saw Jesus Christ and live my life in peace.
I lost hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back