i have never denied this about the law. but the law has never delivered a soul from eternal punishment . so tell me where does the abomination of desolation come into this to be honest your reply has left me scratching my head

Hello forgiven61;

I have no argument with what you shared, only the "flip flop" that confused me and also left me scratching my head.

Pastor, I prayerfully read most of these threads and posts, and for the most part will receive what I read. However, if I come across a post that fills me with a question I'd like to inquire and learn from it.

Hello forgiven61;

I have no argument with what you shared, only the "flip flop" that confused me and also left me scratching my head.

Pastor, I prayerfully read most of these threads and posts, and for the most part will receive what I read. However, if I come across a post that fills me with a question I'd like to inquire and learn from it.
sigh the abomination of desolation has nothing to do with the law.. the post started with law then jumped to end time events ..i really don't know how much plainer i can make it.. i really don't care one way or the other

It appears we don't agree about prophecies of future events, which is fine. Agreement on such things is not a pre-requisite to salvation, nor does it subtract from the unity we have on Christ Jesus so long as we believe in the same Lord.

Thanks for the reply. I would agree as long as we do not do despite to the fullness of His grace that works in us. In that way we all have fingerprints in our offerings or personal commentaries caled "private interpretation" in the Bible. . The witness of men

I have gotten more careful when it comes to lokimng into future events. Especially since we have the whole or perfect word of God ending with the signified book Revelation with no laws missing by which we could know or understand him more intimately. We have all the hermeneutic tools necessary to believe to the end of our new faith, the salvation of our souls.

We are warned over and over of those who bring lying wonders to wonder after. Called an evil generation, the generation of Adam. . dead in their trespasses and sin without hope and God in this present world

Believers receive the end of their born again faith from the beginning .The salvation of one’s soul . Jesus declared its an evil generation (no faith that comes as it is written in the law and prophets) they in their anxieties look for a sign to wonder after

No direct sign was given as to the last day. The reformation was the beginning of those the last days .Six times in the book of John the Holy spirit underscores it “last day “.It would appear unconverted mankind looks to signs as evidence called walking by sight. Not looking to the signified understanding in parables.

On one occasion Jesus reveled the gospel to a religious leader who served signs and wonders false gospel who came secretly a night .Jesus confirmed a person must be born again. The greatest possible miracle and then commanded him to marvel or wonder not. Believing is believing . . working or exercising faith . . Wondering is wondering. Leading to doubt .

The doctrine of purgatory is built on wondering , wondering, marveling not coming to the end of faith salvation. It does despite to the fullness of grace of God

It’s the cause of the fall .. You shall surely not die . .in effect. . .look at my beauty and live. Like. . Why put your faith in a God not seen. .? The glory departed, the mark of his word you shall die lives.(the letter of the law, the bok of law. . the bible. ) Cain in the corn field plowed under Abel who was yoked with the grace of God . Out of sight out of mind. The pagan foundation of what God calls fools. . The blood of that martyr cries out even today to be clothed with the incorruptible.

Thanks for the reply. I would agree as long as we do not do despite to the fullness of His grace that works in us. In that way we all have fingerprints in our offerings or personal commentaries caled "private interpretation" in the Bible. . The witness of men

I have gotten more careful when it comes to lokimng into future events. Especially since we have the whole or perfect word of God ending with the signified book Revelation with no laws missing by which we could know or understand him more intimately. We have all the hermeneutic tools necessary to believe to the end of our new faith, the salvation of our souls.

We are warned over and over of those who bring lying wonders to wonder after. Called an evil generation, the generation of Adam. . dead in their trespasses and sin without hope and God in this present world

Believers receive the end of their born again faith from the beginning .The salvation of one’s soul . Jesus declared its an evil generation (no faith that comes as it is written in the law and prophets) they in their anxieties look for a sign to wonder after

No direct sign was given as to the last day. The reformation was the beginning of those the last days .Six times in the book of John the Holy spirit underscores it “last day “.It would appear unconverted mankind looks to signs as evidence called walking by sight. Not looking to the signified understanding in parables.

On one occasion Jesus reveled the gospel to a religious leader who served signs and wonders false gospel who came secretly a night .Jesus confirmed a person must be born again. The greatest possible miracle and then commanded him to marvel or wonder not. Believing is believing . . working or exercising faith . . Wondering is wondering. Leading to doubt .

The doctrine of purgatory is built on wondering , wondering, marveling not coming to the end of faith salvation. It does despite to the fullness of grace of God

It’s the cause of the fall .. You shall surely not die . .in effect. . .look at my beauty and live. Like. . Why put your faith in a God not seen. .? The glory departed, the mark of his word you shall die lives.(the letter of the law, the bok of law. . the bible. ) Cain in the corn field plowed under Abel who was yoked with the grace of God . Out of sight out of mind. The pagan foundation of what God calls fools. . The blood of that martyr cries out even today to be clothed with the incorruptible.

I hope you don't mind that I am not so careful about future event discussion and belief. I take the word of God for what it says by applying the hermeneutical rule of applying it literally at first, and where it fails on that front, look into the allegorical to try and see the literal parallel, and if that fails...pray and seek the Spirit of the Lord as is instructed in 1 John 2:27.

The problem I have with systems of interpretation such as Preterism is that mindset's tendencies toward allegoricalizing everything that doesn't conform to its own pre-conceived ideals. It's just like evolutionary theory. Rather than allow the evidence to lead them to a conclusion, they force their preconceived ideals onto the observations, thus forcing the conclusion.

Now, I don't presume to know the day nor the hour, but we are told that it will overtake the unbelieving and lukewarm people like a thief in the night, not the righteous. I do not allegoricalize that. I take that to mean what it says. Others who prefer to interpret all that from the basis of mystical chaos, well, they have that freedom, but I will stick to the rules I stated above until the Spirit of the Lord tells me otherwise since I need no man to teach me, which is true of us all.

Does that make sense?

MM

I hope you don't mind that I am not so careful about future event discussion and belief. I take the word of God for what it says by applying the hermeneutical rule of applying it literally at first, and where it fails on that front, look into the allegorical to try and see the literal parallel, and if that fails...pray and seek the Spirit of the Lord as is instructed in 1 John 2:27.

The problem I have with systems of interpretation such as Preterism is that mindset's tendencies toward allegoricalizing everything that doesn't conform to its own pre-conceived ideals. It's just like evolutionary theory. Rather than allow the evidence to lead them to a conclusion, they force their preconceived ideals onto the observations, thus forcing the conclusion.

Now, I don't presume to know the day nor the hour, but we are told that it will overtake the unbelieving and lukewarm people like a thief in the night, not the righteous. I do not allegoricalize that. I take that to mean what it says. Others who prefer to interpret all that from the basis of mystical chaos, well, they have that freedom, but I will stick to the rules I stated above until the Spirit of the Lord tells me otherwise since I need no man to teach me, which is true of us all.

Does that make sense?

MM

Hi thanks for the reply

It makes perfect sense. You write clearly "great blessing". And I do not mind that we have a different understanding I lean more toward Amil (the language of parables) and its variety. For several reasons and especially with the last book needing all the books to find the hidden understanding or the poetic tongue of Gods prophecy. It is filled with metaphors (hidden Manna) right from the beginning And even revealing what kind of hermeneutics are inspired and signified the key that unlocks the parables. .

The opening verse introduces us to the kind of understanding used throughout the book. Many it seems bypass that instruction.

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

I am familiar with the idea you offered (applying it literally at first, and where it fails on that front, look into the allegorical to try and see the literal parallel, and if that fails...pray and seek the Spirit of the Lord as is instructed in 1 John 2:27.) But do not find that instruction in the Bible .

Rather what I find is without parables the poetic tongue of God Christ spoke not. . purposely hiding the unseen gospel understanding and revealing it to His disciples as he does today

It was part of reasoning of the church I first heard the gospel and was empowered to believe God not seen But again several things like the church disappearing for a literal thousand year along with others like the idea that God works differently in times and seasons or dispensation had me wondering? And not that I finally understand

And not so much lukewarm people like a thief in the night. But like Noah who knew he was coming so he could watch believers a referred as watchers or watch men in that way. But he still came like a thief in the night. Noah walked by faith it was a surprise when the flood did come.

Does that make sense?

MM

Makes perfect sense to me.

I was once told by a great Christian teacher about Bible interpretations and LITERAL and Allagorical things.

"Why add nonesense to good sense in order to make NO sense"!

When we "symboloze, spiritualize, & allagoricalize " Scriptures......we open the door our our OWN PERSONAL imaginations as to what WE WANT those Scriptures to say.

Calvin was rigorously committed to a literal reading of Scripture. That is............
“Christian preaching . . . endeavors to explain the biblical text in its literary and historical context and applies the message to the needs and problems of the audience”.

In his commentary on Galatians, he reveals his commitment to a literal approach........

“Let us know,” that the true meaning of Scripture is the natural and simple one, and let us embrace and hold it resolutely.”

Amen brother Calvin! AMEN!

Makes perfect sense to me.

I was once told by a great Christian teacher about Bible interpretations and LITERAL and Allagorical things.

"Why add nonesense to good sense in order to make NO sense"!

When we "symboloze, spiritualize, & allagoricalize " Scriptures......we open the door our our OWN PERSONAL imaginations as to what WE WANT those Scriptures to say.

Calvin was rigorously committed to a literal reading of Scripture. That is............
“Christian preaching . . . endeavors to explain the biblical text in its literary and historical context and applies the message to the needs and problems of the audience”.

In his commentary on Galatians, he reveals his commitment to a literal approach........

“Let us know,” that the true meaning of Scripture is the natural and simple one, and let us embrace and hold it resolutely.”

Amen brother Calvin! AMEN!

You stated that very well, my friend. Thank you.

MM

Hi thanks for the reply

It makes perfect sense. You write clearly "great blessing". And I do not mind that we have a different understanding I lean more toward Amil (the language of parables) and its variety. For several reasons and especially with the last book needing all the books to find the hidden understanding or the poetic tongue of Gods prophecy. It is filled with metaphors (hidden Manna) right from the beginning And even revealing what kind of hermeneutics are inspired and signified the key that unlocks the parables. .

The opening verse introduces us to the kind of understanding used throughout the book. Many it seems bypass that instruction.

Revelation 1 King James Version (KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

I am familiar with the idea you offered (applying it literally at first, and where it fails on that front, look into the allegorical to try and see the literal parallel, and if that fails...pray and seek the Spirit of the Lord as is instructed in 1 John 2:27.) But do not find that instruction in the Bible .

Rather what I find is without parables the poetic tongue of God Christ spoke not. . purposely hiding the unseen gospel understanding and revealing it to His disciples as he does today

It was part of reasoning of the church I first heard the gospel and was empowered to believe God not seen But again several things like the church disappearing for a literal thousand year along with others like the idea that God works differently in times and seasons or dispensation had me wondering? And not that I finally understand

And not so much lukewarm people like a thief in the night. But like Noah who knew he was coming so he could watch believers a referred as watchers or watch men in that way. But he still came like a thief in the night. Noah walked by faith it was a surprise when the flood did come.

I used to listen to Hank Hanegraaf, but became less inclined to follow his reasonings when he expounded upon eschatology. When he talked about the imagery portraits Daniel painted for us, coupled with Revelation, Ezekiel, Zechariah, Matthew, Mark and Luke, he leaned toward the creation of discontinuities that surfaced more questions than answers. His system of thought almost seemed to create two different tribulation periods rather than one period known as "the day of the Lord."

But, that's water under the bridge. The blessed hope of which Paul wrote to the Thessalonians about is what I look forward to as well. You see, when I take it all more literally, That which is unseen becomes more visible. The things hidden were made that way only for those who had not eyes to see. The Lord opens the eyes of His people, but only when they ask. When a true follower of Christ asks, they are no longer wearing blinders as Hank would demand the rest of us are blinded by. He stumbles about with pokadot glasses that partially blind him, all the time thinking the rest of us have as much, or more, blind spots than he.

I consistently point to 1 John 2:27. Garee, the Spirit will not teach two different of the Lord's people two different and opposing things. Only those who embrace a "different spirit" will be led away into falsehoods. The one thing I say to you is that we must agree if we are attuned to the same Spirit. If not, then one or both of us is deceived, and hearing from the wrong spirit. This idea that we all don't really have to agree is a serious flaw in modern and post-modern thought that has become far too commonplace. It's a horrible and tragic failure for us all to strive even more for seeking the depths of our souls, and seeking the Lord to let His glorious light will those darkest places in ourselves, and much of the time He will illuminate pride that blocks so many from hearing from His Spirit.

Being wrong is nothing new to me. I've been taken out to the woodshed many times, and if I'm wrong about all this, then I welcome the Lord's correction and rebuke, but spiritual sounding jargon doesn't impress me. What impresses me is hearing a brother who admits that the Lord is always right, and at all costs to us. We are all liars, but God is true.

So, let's not settle for second best, but seek the purity of all doctrine and belief. Only then are we all truly unified in Christ Jesus through His Spirit. Amen?

I will not do verbal beating up of others who don't subscribe to what the Spirit says to us. Paul instructed us to not strive with others. If others do not yet arrive where they need to be, then we must be patient and let the Lord do His work. I welcome His correction, rebuke, and outright being taken to the woodshed...again. I thank the Lord that He cares enough to do just that when it's needed.

MM

I used to listen to Hank Hanegraaf, but became less inclined to follow his reasonings when he expounded upon eschatology. When he talked about the imagery portraits Daniel painted for us, coupled with Revelation, Ezekiel, Zechariah, Matthew, Mark and Luke, he leaned toward the creation of discontinuities that surfaced more questions than answers. His system of thought almost seemed to create two different tribulation periods rather than one period known as "the day of the Lord."
1 John 2:27 is a good reference . Two walking togertgher as one. We abide in Him as he teaches us and brings to our memory the things he has taught us .

Those who say we need a man to teach us are discribed as the antichrists many . The spirit of antichrist singular Satan began his work iof decieving in the garden . His false gospel. . .Thou shalt surely not die.. . he worked in Peter to try and prevent the gospel from being the key that the gates of hell could never prevail against. Many thats seek after signs and wonders are stil waitning for him to appear. We must becareful how we hear or say we hear God.

There is a legion of anichrist's as men of sin hoping a person will draw faith from thier teaching and not the teaching of Christ who we abide in as two walking together in agreement in respect to our one lord who alone has the poawer to rebuke unclean spirits of lies

I would question Hank as to how he mixes faith . He keeps relating to the fathers as if they were a source of faith and has joined the Eastern Orthodox Church and their view of the mystery made known in parable “drink the blood” .as something they call Transubstantiation. . .what you see is not waht you get. it n their minds iterally becomes blood.

Whenever the word blood is used it can cause problems. Catholicism on one side of the blood issue that they say must be literally drank and flesh literal eaten while the JWs forbid it. Both misinterpret the parable. Drink the blood as it relates to mankind .

1 John 2:27 is a good reference . Two walking togertgher as one. We abide in Him as he teaches us and brings to our memory the things he has taught us .

Those who say we need a man to teach us are discribed as the antichrists many . The spirit of antichrist singular Satan began his work iof decieving in the garden . His false gospel. . .Thou shalt surely not die.. . he worked in Peter to try and prevent the gospel from being the key that the gates of hell could never prevail against. Many thats seek after signs and wonders are stil waitning for him to appear. We must becareful how we hear or say we hear God.

There is a legion of anichrist's as men of sin hoping a person will draw faith from thier teaching and not the teaching of Christ who we abide in as two walking together in agreement in respect to our one lord who alone has the poawer to rebuke unclean spirits of lies

I would question Hank as to how he mixes faith . He keeps relating to the fathers as if they were a source of faith and has joined the Eastern Orthodox Church and their view of the mystery made known in parable “drink the blood” .as something they call Transubstantiation. . .what you see is not waht you get. it n their minds iterally becomes blood.

Whenever the word blood is used it can cause problems. Catholicism on one side of the blood issue that they say must be literally drank and flesh literal eaten while the JWs forbid it. Both misinterpret the parable. Drink the blood as it relates to mankind .

There are some great teachers out there, men who desire only the purity of what Spirit teaches. I did not always agree with men like Dr. J Vernon McGee or Dr. D. James Kennedy or Adrian Rogers, but they were great men of God for teaching the Bible. What is tragic is what the "church" culture has developed into, as promoted by institutionalism and denominationalism. We should all be encouraging one another to unify together in all the major beliefs, not just the foundational teachings.

The Bible speaks more on eschatology than just about any other topic, and yet the dominant mantra out there is "unity in diversity" among professing believers. So many of them will be left behind to suffer the wrath to come. Why? So we can all feel good about the diversity of beliefs about major topics in scripture? The "any moment return" of Christ Jesus should drive all to prayer every day for the Lord to search each heart for any darkness, anything needing repentance, that we may all be prepared, living as if Christ is coming in the next few moments. The more who Jesus finds faithful at HIs coming for His Church, the better...not just for us individually, but also to His glory in honor of what He accomplished on that cross.

We should desire being united to the real Jesus, and to one another. Diversity is of the devil. Diversity divides. Embracing diversity as if it were a good thing is like sleeping with a corpse. In God there is no diversity. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are unified in all things where knowledge and purpose is concerned. The Lord is not divided in His purpose nor His knowledge and wisdom. That should be our model, but it is not.

My plea is for you to seek the truth in these things that you too may be an instrument of effective ministry to the lost, because if He comes today, we will lose the opportunity to speak the Gospel to others tomorrow. That's how we should live, speaking to others of His immanent coming. If we say to them that most of that stuff in Revelation has already transpired, we not only are disunified, but also living out a message before the world that tells them there's nothing special about coming over to the side of Christ Jesus; that everything will proceed as is till the end of the world. Therein is the spirit of Laodicea that so many convey to the world.

Become hot, burning hot with like a furnace that can burn rock to cinders; that destroys all falsehoods. Unity in diversity burns nothing, but embraces some or all things worldly. Such groupings are safe havens for Satan to keep us all divided. Embracing the same blessed hope in Christ Jesus and His coming gives power and fire to our testimony and sharing of the Gospel.

MM

There are some great teachers out there, men who desire only the purity of what Spirit teaches. I did not always agree with men like Dr. J Vernon McGee or Dr. D. James Kennedy or Adrian Rogers, but they were great men of God for teaching the Bible. What is tragic is what the "church" culture has developed into, as promoted by institutionalism and denominationalism. We should all be encouraging one another to unify together in all the major beliefs, not just the foundational teachings.

The Bible speaks more on eschatology than just about any other topic, and yet the dominant mantra out there is "unity in diversity" among professing believers. So many of them will be left behind to suffer the wrath to come. Why? So we can all feel good about the diversity of beliefs about major topics in scripture? The "any moment return" of Christ Jesus should drive all to prayer every day for the Lord to search each heart for any darkness, anything needing repentance, that we may all be prepared, living as if Christ is coming in the next few moments. The more who Jesus finds faithful at HIs coming for His Church, the better...not just for us individually, but also to His glory in honor of what He accomplished on that cross.

We should desire being united to the real Jesus, and to one another. Diversity is of the devil. Diversity divides. Embracing diversity as if it were a good thing is like sleeping with a corpse. In God there is no diversity. Father, Son and Holy Spirit are unified in all things where knowledge and purpose is concerned. The Lord is not divided in His purpose nor His knowledge and wisdom. That should be our model, but it is not.

My plea is for you to seek the truth in these things that you too may be an instrument of effective ministry to the lost, because if He comes today, we will lose the opportunity to speak the Gospel to others tomorrow. That's how we should live, speaking to others of His immanent coming. If we say to them that most of that stuff in Revelation has already transpired, we not only are disunified, but also living out a message before the world that tells them there's nothing special about coming over to the side of Christ Jesus; that everything will proceed as is till the end of the world. Therein is the spirit of Laodicea that so many convey to the world.

Become hot, burning hot with like a furnace that can burn rock to cinders; that destroys all falsehoods. Unity in diversity burns nothing, but embraces some or all things worldly. Such groupings are safe havens for Satan to keep us all divided. Embracing the same blessed hope in Christ Jesus and His coming gives power and fire to our testimony and sharing of the Gospel.

MM
Great way of explaining. I would add Hot or Cold. Familiarity with God as lukewarm causes him to vomit or spue us out of his mouth . Like with Jonah. It can breed discontentment which leads to hatred and murder as it did with the Son of man, Jesus. His own family rejected him spue out his teachings.

Revelation 3:14-16 King James Version (KJV) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

MM

The great need for us today is for men such as the ones you just posted to satnd in the gap and teach the Word of God.

We do not need emotionalism and miracles and healings.....we need the truth of God's Word as it is the ONLY thing that can heal a mans soul of the cancer of SIN!

We have way too many people trying to "explain" what God said when all we really have to do is actually READ what He has already said.

The great need for us today is for men such as the ones you just posted to satnd in the gap and teach the Word of God.

We do not need emotionalism and miracles and healings.....we need the truth of God's Word as it is the ONLY thing that can heal a mans soul of the cancer of SIN!

We have way too many people trying to "explain" what God said when all we really have to do is actually READ what He has already said.

Yes indeed. The greatest teachers are those who say, "Now YOU get into the word of God, read it for yourselves, and pray for Spirit of the Lord to show you His truths, and teach others accordingly."

Can you imagine how much more unity there would be for people to exercise such personal responsibility over what they choose to believe? Unity under the leadership of Christ Jesus and Holy Spirit is the ultimate; not Preterism, pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, or any other -ism.

MM

Yes indeed. The greatest teachers are those who say, "Now YOU get into the word of God, read it for yourselves, and pray for Spirit of the Lord to show you His truths, and teach others accordingly."

Can you imagine how much more unity there would be for people to exercise such personal responsibility over what they choose to believe? Unity under the leadership of Christ Jesus and Holy Spirit is the ultimate; not Preterism, pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib, or any other -ism.

MM

But you see MM.....that is exactly why there are so many churches today.

A man gives out the pure....literal Word of God and some in the congrgation do not like what they hear.

Listen to what is said by the prophet Isaiah in 30:8-11...........Isaiah 30:8-11
"Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: 9That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: 10Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: 11Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."

People today do not want to hear the PURE undefiled unapologitic Word from God. They want lies, and smooth things to be said. People all over the world want to be told how GOOD they are and how wonderful things are.

When a man PREACHES the Word of God in the power of the Holy Ghost and people do one of two things........
1. Feel convcted of their sin....confess and repent!

Or.....

2. God find another church where the preacher is more "seeker" friendly and tells them that they are great people and there is no need to repent of anything.

What we are seeing right in front of our eyes and what we are right now descussing is esactly what has been said in the Bible.

1 Timothy 4:1-2 ........
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron".

But you see MM.....that is exactly why there are so many churches today.

A man gives out the pure....literal Word of God and some in the congrgation do not like what they hear.

Listen to what is said by the prophet Isaiah in 30:8-11...........Isaiah 30:8-11
"Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever: 9That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD: 10Which say to the seers, See not; and to the prophets, Prophesy not unto us right things, speak unto us smooth things, prophesy deceits: 11Get you out of the way, turn aside out of the path, cause the Holy One of Israel to cease from before us."

People today do not want to hear the PURE undefiled unapologitic Word from God. They want lies, and smooth things to be said. People all over the world want to be told how GOOD they are and how wonderful things are.

When a man PREACHES the Word of God in the power of the Holy Ghost and people do one of two things........
1. Feel convcted of their sin....confess and repent!

Or.....

2. God find another church where the preacher is more "seeker" friendly and tells them that they are great people and there is no need to repent of anything.

What we are seeing right in front of our eyes and what we are right now descussing is esactly what has been said in the Bible.

1 Timothy 4:1-2 ........
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron".

Yes, sir, and we can read what Jesus did when confronted by such people. He spoke the truth to them, turned their objections and traps back upon them, and walked away.

You're right. Some will, some won't.....next.... I move on. Striving with those who are so strong-willed that they want to believe various things at the exclusion of what is written, and with a deaf ear turned to Holy Spirit, all we can do is walk away. If they continue in their rejection, they consign themselves to the flames of the pit.

As tragic as that is, we can rejoice in that because it is by that means whereby the purification of membership/citizenship is secured. Having been tested and separated out in this life by the choices people make, the impure and rejecters of holiness will have been weeded out, like an earthly king having all his palace staff tested for their loyalties so that he doesn't have to worry about a knife being stuck into his back, or his food poisoned.

This life is the dividing of the sheep from the goats. That is the perspective we will have without question in eternity. That's how the tears will be wiped away. No regrets, and no sense of loss for the goats who refused the Gift.

I rejoice in the thought that we here will someday meet together and sing praises in remembrance of our fellowship here, and fellowship with so many others. Praise of the Most High is the ultimate expression we can offer to He who is worthy.

MM

Yes, sir, and we can read what Jesus did when confronted by such people. He spoke the truth to them, turned their objections and traps back upon them, and walked away.

You're right. Some will, some won't.....next.... I move on. Striving with those who are so strong-willed that they want to believe various things at the exclusion of what is written, and with a deaf ear turned to Holy Spirit, all we can do is walk away. If they continue in their rejection, they consign themselves to the flames of the pit.

As tragic as that is, we can rejoice in that because it is by that means whereby the purification of membership/citizenship is secured. Having been tested and separated out in this life by the choices people make, the impure and rejecters of holiness will have been weeded out, like an earthly king having all his palace staff tested for their loyalties so that he doesn't have to worry about a knife being stuck into his back, or his food poisoned.

This life is the dividing of the sheep from the goats. That is the perspective we will have without question in eternity. That's how the tears will be wiped away. No regrets, and no sense of loss for the goats who refused the Gift.

I rejoice in the thought that we here will someday meet together and sing praises in remembrance of our fellowship here, and fellowship with so many others. Praise of the Most High is the ultimate expression we can offer to He who is worthy.

MM

We are on the same page my brother!

When the literal Word of God is rejected, then those who do so come up with their own opinions hence the rise in cults such as Mormonism, JW'S, Adanantists and such heresies as Preterism and on and on and on.

The word of God is amazing:

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then [serveth] the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; [and it was] ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Now, I've read various writings out there where some think to try and spiritualize this key statement I underlined in the verse above. When we refuse to accept what scripture says by way of spiritualizing it into whatever we want it to say, then this verse is unremarkable.

However, the language says something that's very profound in the underlined portion. The law was "added" until the coming of Christ Jesus.

To what was the law added? Well, let's look and see what the context actually says:

Galatians 3:15-18

15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though [it be] but a man's covenant, yet [if it be] confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto. 16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. 17 And this I say, [that] the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect. 18 For if the inheritance [be] of the law, [it is] no more of promise: but God gave [it] to Abraham by promise.

So the law appears to have been added to the covenant with Abraham, which did not nullify that covenant, but was added because of transgression, and strengthened the covenant with Abraham by showing his descendants their need for a Savior. Unfortunately, they didn't get it. To this day they still are looking for a political leader rather than a Deliverer. I noticed that from interviews with the Jews in Israel today.

How tragic indeed it will be that two-thirds of them must be wiped out off the face of this earth in the midst of the most horrid hardships in tribulation this world has ever seen for them to realize they had already pierced Him more than 2000 years ago, and put Him to death. The Holocaust was nothing compared to what's coming.

The law, however, along with the curse it brings to those who are under it, doesn't apply to us who are dead to the law in Christ Jesus. That's so wonderful.

John 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

MM

I read through Galatians last night, and did lots of highlighting, and, boy howdy, there is lots of doctrine in that six chapter letter to those folks.

What occurred to me are the claims from the HR movement. They have told me that it's a matter of reward in Heaven for attempts at obedience to the law of God. What they overlook is where it says that any attempt at obedience to the law is a matter of one placing himself "under" the law. No distinction was made as to the purpose for attempts at obedience, apart from the contextual purpose of justification/redemption. The context made no room for reward. That was/is purely man-made. Rationalizing it into the text is intellectual dishonesty and outright manipulation of the word of God inspired through the apostle Paul.

This gets the the very root of the problem I have with them and this aspect of their theology: They have added to the word of God what clearly is not there, and on the basis of a series of disjointed verses from this and other books throughout the Bible, all without regard to contexts and relations to covenants and peoples.

MM

I read through Galatians last night, and did lots of highlighting, and, boy howdy, there is lots of doctrine in that six chapter letter to those folks.

What occurred to me are the claims from the HR movement. They have told me that it's a matter of reward in Heaven for attempts at obedience to the law of God. What they overlook is where it says that any attempt at obedience to the law is a matter of one placing himself "under" the law. No distinction was made as to the purpose for attempts at obedience, apart from the contextual purpose of justification/redemption. The context made no room for reward. That was/is purely man-made. Rationalizing it into the text is intellectual dishonesty and outright manipulation of the word of God inspired through the apostle Paul.

This gets the the very root of the problem I have with them and this aspect of their theology: They have added to the word of God what clearly is not there, and on the basis of a series of disjointed verses from this and other books throughout the Bible, all without regard to contexts and relations to covenants and peoples.

MM

You said.........
"They have added to the word of God what clearly is not there".

Amen!

THAT my dear brother is THE problem with ALL false teachings and cults. It is never the "Takeing away from" but always the "ADDING TO" that causes the errors and leads to cults and ism's.

Back