Journal The Garage

Been in deep thought the last day and prayer. Asking God to help me with some clarity.

I was truly thinking about moving on to another group and see if I can fit in.
I feel like and odd man out, here is why. I was/am a pastor. I am too old to look for a ministry to be part of.
I also know this group has many very long term Clergy too. So I fit sorta with them. But not quite.
Then we have the newer members or new to Christ, and well. I am new here, not to ministering.

I feel like I am butting in trying to share the message over waiting to see if longer term members answered.
Its why I just posted my own stuff. And that was relaxing to expel my energy that I can not turn off.
So here, I pounder a pastor with no flock, in a room of pastors who run the house I am in. And I have the new spareroom in the back.
Everyone here is great, and helpful. I feel welcomed here. So its not the forum, or anyone. Its me.

So I prayed. And then God answered. Right when I was thinking about coming here, thanking all of you and just move along.
I got this message and researched and sharing in case it helps others. I love when God answers, that small little spark, that is slightly warm to the touch. Then engulfs the heart and lights a fire and its gives its path.

The Bible encourages believers to be part of the body of Christ, which is the community of believers, but it also acknowledges that we may sometimes feel out of place or struggle to fit in. While the Bible doesn’t directly address the specific scenario of not fitting into a particular Christian group, it offers wisdom about how to approach such situations with grace, humility, and discernment.

1. Unity in Diversity within the Body of Christ

The Bible emphasizes that the body of Christ is made up of diverse individuals with different gifts, backgrounds, and functions. Even when you feel like you don’t fit in, remember that every believer has a unique role to play in God’s Kingdom.
Corinthians 12:12-14 (NIV): “Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.”
This passage teaches me that the body of Christ is intentionally diverse and that every part is valuable, even if it seems different or feels out of place. Your unique perspective, gifts, and personality may not align perfectly with others in the group, but they still have a purpose in the wider church. It is very hard looking in to see what it looks like, looking out. But I see clearly now.

2. Love and Patience with Fellow Believers

Bible encourages an attitude of love, patience, and humility. Relationships within the church, just like in any community, require effort and grace, as not everyone will share the same views or personality.
Ephesians 4:2-3 (NIV): “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
Even if there are differences, the Bible calls believers to be patient and loving toward one another, striving for unity. This doesn’t mean I have to force myself to fit in, but it does encourage me to approach the situation with love and a desire for peace and understanding.

3. God Places Us in the Right Community

God has a purpose for placing each believer within a specific community, even if we don’t immediately feel like we fit in. Sometimes, God may call us to a certain group to contribute something unique or to grow in ways we didn’t expect. At other times, He may lead us to a new community where we can thrive. God knows where I belong.
1 Corinthians 12:18 (NIV): “But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.”
If you feel out of place, then I should consider seeking God’s guidance in prayer. I asked Him if I am in the right community and what role He wants me to play. Sometimes, discomfort may be part of God’s process of growth and I now reflect on this, but I know this, living it is harder then it looks.

This is what prayer revealed for me. I was actually thinking with my own brain. I guess I need to search for another group.
But then God simply made the message more clear. The beauty on scripture is when you pray and guidance comes out in black and white
in chapter and verse.

Paul

Been in deep thought the last day and prayer. Asking God to help me with some clarity.

I was truly thinking about moving on to another group and see if I can fit in.
I feel like and odd man out, here is why. I was/am a pastor. I am too old to look for a ministry to be part of.
I also know this group has many very long term Clergy too. So I fit sorta with them. But not quite.
Then we have the newer members or new to Christ, and well. I am new here, not to ministering.

I feel like I am butting in trying to share the message over waiting to see if longer term members answered.
Its why I just posted my own stuff. And that was relaxing to expel my energy that I can not turn off.
So here, I pounder a pastor with no flock, in a room of pastors who run the house I am in. And I have the new spareroom in the back.
Everyone here is great, and helpful. I feel welcomed here. So its not the forum, or anyone. Its me.

So I prayed. And then God answered. Right when I was thinking about coming here, thanking all of you and just move along.
I got this message and researched and sharing in case it helps others. I love when God answers, that small little spark, that is slightly warm to the touch. Then engulfs the heart and lights a fire and its gives its path.

The Bible encourages believers to be part of the body of Christ, which is the community of believers, but it also acknowledges that we may sometimes feel out of place or struggle to fit in. While the Bible doesn’t directly address the specific scenario of not fitting into a particular Christian group, it offers wisdom about how to approach such situations with grace, humility, and discernment.

1. Unity in Diversity within the Body of Christ

The Bible emphasizes that the body of Christ is made up of diverse individuals with different gifts, backgrounds, and functions. Even when you feel like you don’t fit in, remember that every believer has a unique role to play in God’s Kingdom.
Corinthians 12:12-14 (NIV): “Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.”
This passage teaches me that the body of Christ is intentionally diverse and that every part is valuable, even if it seems different or feels out of place. Your unique perspective, gifts, and personality may not align perfectly with others in the group, but they still have a purpose in the wider church. It is very hard looking in to see what it looks like, looking out. But I see clearly now.

2. Love and Patience with Fellow Believers

Bible encourages an attitude of love, patience, and humility. Relationships within the church, just like in any community, require effort and grace, as not everyone will share the same views or personality.
Ephesians 4:2-3 (NIV): “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.”
Even if there are differences, the Bible calls believers to be patient and loving toward one another, striving for unity. This doesn’t mean I have to force myself to fit in, but it does encourage me to approach the situation with love and a desire for peace and understanding.

3. God Places Us in the Right Community

God has a purpose for placing each believer within a specific community, even if we don’t immediately feel like we fit in. Sometimes, God may call us to a certain group to contribute something unique or to grow in ways we didn’t expect. At other times, He may lead us to a new community where we can thrive. God knows where I belong.
1 Corinthians 12:18 (NIV): “But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.”
If you feel out of place, then I should consider seeking God’s guidance in prayer. I asked Him if I am in the right community and what role He wants me to play. Sometimes, discomfort may be part of God’s process of growth and I now reflect on this, but I know this, living it is harder then it looks.

This is what prayer revealed for me. I was actually thinking with my own brain. I guess I need to search for another group.
But then God simply made the message more clear. The beauty on scripture is when you pray and guidance comes out in black and white
in chapter and verse.

Paul
I get where you are coming from. One could wonder, "Why was I led here?" Other questions could be, "Am I just preaching to the choir?", or "Am I too active?", or "Are my posts too long?", or "Are my posts too short and abrupt?"

Something a travelling fellow said to my wife and me at a well known fast food joint. He came up to us and said, "God wants me to share a message with you. He wants you to know the power of the words, 'Let there be'. As in 'Let there be light' and all the other 'Let there be' quotes from Genesis. That satan has no power against 'Let there be'. And we can use 'Let there be' in our walk with God."

God used 'Let there be' in His creation sequence and we can use that same idea to create in our situations here and anywhere we go. This thread is a great example of this concept. In Awe Of Him started this thread or 'room' of The Garage as just a place to journal what was going on with her life. Well, God adds to what we do sometimes and the whole family joins in, and look at what has become of The Garage.

So,....................just

'Let there be'

I get where you are coming from. One could wonder, "Why was I led here?" Other questions could be, "Am I just preaching to the choir?", or "Am I too active?", or "Are my posts too long?", or "Are my posts too short and abrupt?" Something a travelling fellow said to my wife and me at a well known fast food joint. He came up to us and said, "God wants me to share a message with you. He wants you to know the power of the words, 'Let there be'. As in 'Let there be light' and all the other 'Let there be' quotes from Genesis. That satan has no power against 'Let there be'. And we can use 'Let there be' in our walk with God." God used 'Let there be' in His creation sequence and we can use that same idea to create in our situations here and anywhere we go. This thread is a great example of this concept. In Awe Of Him started this thread or 'room' of The Garage as just a place to journal what was going on with her life. Well, God adds to what we do sometimes and the whole family joins in, and look at what has become of The Garage.
So,....................just 'Let there be'

Hello Big Moose;

Let There Be
reminds me of an old classic, Let It Be.

Since I've known you at CFS I remember some of our older posts (aside from some good discussions,) your music ministry that you and your son served in the Church, and a few other recent posts of groups/songs that reveal a spiritual side. I feel we and a few others have enjoyed a common ground here. Overall, we get it.

I'm with you regarding
In Awe of Him's The Garage which will celebrate one year in January 2025. This is such a feat as perhaps one of long threads started by a member. The other one that comes to mind is thenami's Alphabet Soup Garden Varieties which just surpassed 5 years.

These are three areas where I see
the light and is KEY why I've remained a member.

Your post reminded me of a Pastor who I met many years ago at a Jack in the Box. We talked and then he gave me a cassette of his sermon on sides A and B. About 10 years ago he passed leaving his wife a widow. During our Sunday service I knew she was attending so I called her up. We prayed and assured her.

Then I took her husband's cassette out of my shirt pocket and handed it to her. She couldn't hold back the tears but I know she would treasure it after I kept it all that time in my library.

I miss In Awe of Him and I feel good sharing my story here. God bless
The Garage.

Bob

Back