The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widows over 60 are meant to wash the saints feet and then they can be blessed and provided for.

1 Timothy 5:10
Look it up!
I did and there’s 6 more things needed beforehand…

1 Timothy 5:9-10 KJV
[9] Let not a widow be taken into the number under threescore years old, 1. having been the wife of one man, [10] 2. Well reported of for good works; 3. if she have brought up children, 4. if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, 5. if she have relieved the afflicted, 6. if she have diligently followed every good work.

Retirement isn’t easy these days lol.

but no such blessing attached to foot washing by our Lord.
how do you know what was his exact words ?
I just don't see these type of promises tied to foot washing
well then i guess there is no need for farther discussion.. once again its all in what we want. i have been down this road before in person and in forums . if Jesus said we are blessed by knowing these things then as far as i am concerned . i take it at face value its like the older said to me in the lynch meeting . i been a Baptist all my life and never heard of foot washing .
so i opened up the book and read it him. poor guy had nothing to say the rest of the hanging meeting for me. . funny thing about that meeting was i used the words foot washing in a southern Baptist church pulpit. the former pastor daughter decided play the role of jezebel . she never got her way. till weeks later when i was called into another lynching meeting. was told it was the will of the Church i resign..

the amazing thing about it there was never a church meeting or voter. when a mind is totally closed there is no room for the Holy spirit to work. flesh prevails.

to be honest i dont know a whole lot about the r.c .c . i have been told hunting easter eggs is a pagan celebration. Christmas trees idol to be worshiped .... my feelings on the matter as long as i teach the truth about easter Christmas etc. then kids can have fun. this is why i say foot washing done in the right spirit i have took communion in a dry service

Correct.

The idea of Easter eggs comes from Genesis 10 and the wife of Nimrod whose name was Semeramis. Goggle her name and you will be able to know all about her. She is the original spiritual Babylon whore and she is the originator of idolatry.
She is also where the idea of Easter rabbits originated.

Christmas trees originated from the ancient "Druids". The trees were a sign of eternal life because they lived through the cold.

It is one thing to use a tradition out of ignorance. It is a completely different thing to know the truth and then continue to follow a tradition.

It is the truth that sets a man free my friend.

how do you know what was his exact words ?

well then i guess there is no need for farther discussion.. once again its all in what we want. i have been down this road before in person and in forums . if Jesus said we are blessed by knowing these things then as far as i am concerned . i take it at face value its like the older said to me in the lynch meeting . i been a Baptist all my life and never heard of foot washing .
so i opened up the book and read it him. poor guy had nothing to say the rest of the hanging meeting for me. . funny thing about that meeting was i used the words foot washing in a southern Baptist church pulpit. the former pastor daughter decided play the role of jezebel . she never got her way. till weeks later when i was called into another lynching meeting. was told it was the will of the Church i resign..

the amazing thing about it there was never a church meeting or voter. when a mind is totally closed there is no room for the Holy spirit to work. flesh prevails.

Well my dear brother......I do not have a dog in this hunt. I am not picking your side and I am not saying that you were wrong.

If you did not want comments and or advice that you would not be posting on this forum.

So then, allow me to say to you in brotherly love, which I think that you will not like is that you seem to be holding a grudge against those who asked you to leave your church.

Personally, I do not think that that is worthy to dismiss you so then it seems to me that it was probably the last nail in the coffin so to speak.

You said..............
"the amazing thing about it there was never a church meeting or voter. when a mind is totally closed there is no room for the Holy spirit to work. flesh prevails."

Again, I am NOT standing against you in this, but isn't that exactly what you are doing by what you are posting??????
Isn't your mind pretty much closed?

Haven't you closed the door yourself by continuing to insist that "they" are wrong are dismissed you because they did not accept what you wanted them to do?

I am only asking in an objective way!

If you did not want comments and or advice that you would not be posting on this forum.
easy there dude i dont think i asked for advice ..its called a discussion ( you seem to be holding a grudge against those who asked you to leave your church.} a grudge you dont even know me so how can you make this remark? its called life experiences i can introduce you to pastors who has experienced far worse and use it as illustration. you have took something that you have no idea what it was about. let me explain to you what the beef was with the former pastor daughter. i was a general baptist preaching in a southern baptist pulpit. the church was growing it had nothing to do with me mentioning foot washing. the entire fleshly thing was about a denominational name . i preach and teach a know so salvation the discussion is the reason the church is floundering.. i have kept saying there are many things. what i just posted is only part of it.. called carnal minds . please dont assume you know what is going on.. i have plenty of stories of what i seen out of church people. i take all these things and gain wisdom from it.to keep it from happening in the present Church... curious would you allow a general baptist in your pulpit

Correct.

The idea of Easter eggs comes from Genesis 10 and the wife of Nimrod whose name was Semeramis. Goggle her name and you will be able to know all about her. She is the original spiritual Babylon whore and she is the originator of idolatry.
She is also where the idea of Easter rabbits originated.

Christmas trees originated from the ancient "Druids". The trees were a sign of eternal life because they lived through the cold.

It is one thing to use a tradition out of ignorance. It is a completely different thing to know the truth and then continue to follow a tradition.

It is the truth that sets a man free my friend.
your truth or God truth i don't hunt Easter eggs we don't put up a tree for Christmas in our house. but its not due to some pagan speculation but we did put up a Christmas tree in the church and we worshiped in truth and spirit

Well my dear brother......I do not have a dog in this hunt. I am not picking your side and I am not saying that you were wrong.
tell ya what i am not asking you to put your dog in the hunt.. btw i understand country sayings rather well one thing i dont do is ask advice in a forum. i know a pastor who told he was rocking the boat. his reply i am here to stomp a hole in that boat . its sink or swim ! i am a swimmer i consider this matter closed

tell ya what i am not asking you to put your dog in the hunt.. btw i understand country sayings rather well one thing i dont do is ask advice in a forum. i know a pastor who told he was rocking the boat. his reply i am here to stomp a hole in that boat . its sink or swim ! i am a swimmer i consider this matter closed

I think that as for now, we can all see that you have said all that needs to be said.

May the Lord bless you my brother.

To turn direction a bit (since we have an absentee OP).
Luther, the Reformers, R.C. Sproul, J.I. Packer etc. would say that justification is the article by which the Church stands or falls.
Perhaps a feeble view of the doctrine of justification alone is the reason the Church is floundering?

a feeble view of the doctrine of justification alone is the reason the Church is floundering?
how do they figure that ? Justification takes place the moment we get saved same as sanctification. if anything parts of the Body have forgot about being sanctified .set a a part from the world possibly some have forgotten

Deuteronomy 8
11 “Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today, 12 lest—when you have eaten and are [e]full, and have built beautiful houses and dwell in them; 13 and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are [f]multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied; 14 when your heart [g]is lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; 15 who led you through that great and terrible wilderness, in which were fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty land where there was no water; who brought water for you out of the flinty rock; 16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end— 17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’

18 “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may [h]establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. 19 Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish. 20 As the nations which the Lord destroys before you, so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God.

Last edited:
To turn direction a bit (since we have an absentee OP).
Luther, the Reformers, R.C. Sproul, J.I. Packer etc. would say that justification is the article by which the Church stands or falls.
Perhaps a feeble view of the doctrine of justification alone is the reason the Church is floundering?

Yes sir!

Without the proper understanding of justification, men always fall into the trap of "works based" salvation.

how do they figure that ? Justification takes place the moment we get saved same as sanctification. if anything parts of the Body have forgot about being sanctified .set a a part from the world possibly some have forgotten

Deuteronomy 8
11 “Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today, 12 lest—when you have eaten and are [e]full, and have built beautiful houses and dwell in them; 13 and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are [f]multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied; 14 when your heart [g]is lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; 15 who led you through that great and terrible wilderness, in which were fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty land where there was no water; who brought water for you out of the flinty rock; 16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end— 17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’

18 “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may [h]establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. 19 Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish. 20 As the nations which the Lord destroys before you, so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God.
I guess I am not following you. Does not justification speak to the issue of how sinful man can pass the judgment seat of God? Is not how one views their justification determinative of whether they will go on serving God out of thanksgiving or serving Him for Brownie points (for merit)?

Does not justification speak to the issue of how sinful man can pass the judgment seat of God?
yes justification is declared as made righteous not guilty just as if we never sinned . we are made declared in right standings with God . sanctification is the progress of being made Holy 3 steps positional placed in the Body of Christ progressive the stage we are all in growing in the grace and knowledge , w.i.p work in progress finial i use ultimate we made it home our work on earth is done. i will state this again there is no one certain issue with the Church floundering , the 18 th i have a family coming the dad will preach they are awaiting the green light for missionary work in the Philippines the united states needs missionaries.
Jesus said blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled . justification sanctification goes hand in hand justified by
Titus 3:7 - That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

Romans 5:1
- Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
Romans 5:9 - Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

1 Corinthians 6:11 - And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
how soon we forget we was part of the and such as were some of you .

give me the viellist sinner we think there is place them in the congregation . i will preach till i am wore out. i love to present the plan of salvation in message. o what i would give just to have one person saved in service. days of old they use to have several saved in one service. days of old there use to be real revival. today we have programs . i got in on the tale end the church i pastor i was saved in a 4 week revival great things happened in that service . it wasnt but weeks later attendance dropped off . the pastor after months of ministering stepped down . the deacons got one of the former pastor to come back.

on the surface it appeared great we had good church .but soon declined division set in . the same Sunday i announced my call to preach .he resigned . another ma took over the church split . the church held its own but soon went in decline money was short the new pastor signed his check back over to the church each Sunday. soon he stepped down i took over for 90 days. they put in a ear tickler after i left.\\

that is a bit of History i share this as to show we been in decline for years . i been pastor at several different churches left due to MAN having a better idea.

we seen the southern baptist struggle for leadership .they once pushed evangelism heavy. the general Baptist i really dont think headquarters has a real vision . up to date where is our want to and desire hunger and thirst for righteousness . i have heard reports of many churches needing pastors.... why is that ?
yes i hold a different view than most . in another forum i challenged having to be baptized to be saved. it created a fire storm .

were all just doing the best we can. much like the woman who used the expensive ointment on Christ FEET they threw a fit this could been sold ad used for.. Christ said let her alone she has done what she could.. what are we doing ?

i will state this again there is no one certain issue with the Church floundering ,
This may be true, but if it's also true that the article of justification by faith alone is the article by which the Church stands or falls, then it is a foundational reason while the other 'stuff' are just symptoms or window dressing at best.

Last edited:
This may be true, but if it's also true that the article of justification by faith alone is the article by which the Church stands or falls, then it is a foundational reason while the other 'stuff' are just symptoms or window dressing at best.
POSSIBLE i think possible because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold . where i live we are considered part of the Bible belt/ my guess 3/4 th was raised in a Bible believing Church but some of them have strayed left field .i like Galatians 5:1 &13. Galtian Church wanted revert back to law. today the law represent flesh . however even though faith is the key justification comes by the blood and grace also . maybe were saying the same thing not understanding each other i dunno . it boils down to our free will we do what we want

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back