The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
POSSIBLE i think possible because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold . where i live we are considered part of the Bible belt/ my guess 3/4 th was raised in a Bible believing Church but some of them have strayed left field .i like Galatians 5:1 &13. Galtian Church wanted revert back to law. today the law represent flesh . however even though faith is the key justification comes by the blood and grace also . maybe were saying the same thing not understanding each other i dunno . it boils down to our free will we do what we want
(I'm sorry for the delay, often people will quote me, but I don't get an alert)

Well, one thing I know, one of the most serious curses in Scripture centers around the Gospel...in a Letter where Paul emphasizes the importance of not adding works to the Gospel...

Galatians 1:6-9 (NASB) I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Well, one thing I know, one of the most serious curses in Scripture centers around the Gospel...in a Letter where Paul emphasizes the importance of not adding works to the Gospel...

Galatians 1:6-9 (NASB) I am amazed that you are so quickly deserting Him who called you by the grace of Christ, for a different gospel; which is really not another; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!
no need be sorry works could be a small part call our own righteousness .i hear so many unchurched folks say just have faith paul said faith with out works is dead . works follows salvation. the Big issue at hand we have left out and forgotten God . we are spiritual Israel and we have golden calves . i agree with the above scripture .but trust me the other Gospel is more than works . however i will substitute it for self righteousness. we also deal with another spirit and another Jesus . these things are 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

Last edited:
no need be sorry works could be a small part call our own righteousness .i hear so many unchurched folks say just have faith paul said faith with out works is dead . works follows salvation.
The only works that play a part of our salvation are the works Christ performed.
Unchurched may say 'just have faith' but Jesus says 'have faith in Him' (big difference)
James (not Paul) said faith without works is dead but true faith is living and abounds in good works but it is not those works which we do, that justifies us before God.
the Big issue at hand we have left out and forgotten God .
That is a big issue, but there is no (personally) knowing God apart from the new birth.
but trust me the other Gospel is more than works .
Yes deception and lies come wrapped in various packages, works for merit only being one of them.

we live in 2 different worlds every thing i posted i have seen the teachers with itchy ears . i am fully aware of what true faith is.

I think if you asked 100 believers for the reason the church as a whole is floundering, worldly, shallow and lukewarm, there would be a few who would fight and declare God's church is exactly what God wants and He is pleased with us.

But of those that remain, there would be a myriad of answers but none with a proposed correction to get us back on track. We read about revival, but are like the lame man at the pool of Bethesda, waiting for the angel to stir the water.

I have my own opinion, which I hope to share, but what say you? Is the church just fine, just drowned out by all the tares? Wait. That should be a red flag, right? Is the church as a whole walking in defeat, bickering over doctrine, overtaken with things of the world? Is holiness not only seen as impossible but also as a lifestyle that would constrict our "self" expression?

What is your thought on this matter? What is the root of the problem? And more importantly, what can we do to change it?

Thanks in advance,

Gideon
The Church is not floundering; it's already been victorious. What is being seen is the separation of the sheep from the goats with the goats embracing ungodliness to fit into modern culture while the sheep continue to grow in grace toward a mature personal, intimate relationship with God.

Last edited:
The Church is not

The Church is not floundering; it's already been victorious. What is being seen is the separation of the sheep from the goats with the goats embracing ungodliness to fit into modern culture while the sheep continue to grow in grace toward a mature personal, intimate relationship with God.

I believe you are right for the most part. Some though are new to the faith and may be easily misled. IMHO I believe that God must lead them to fertile grounds though they may start out in less fertile grounds.

I believe you are right for the most part. Some though are new to the faith and may be easily misled. IMHO I believe that God must lead them to fertile grounds though they may start out in less fertile grounds.
It is our duty to lead the new believers in the right direction, so we must be prayed up, studied up, and living daily by faith in order to be able to respond to the Spirit's prompting.

I think if you asked 100 believers for the reason the church as a whole is floundering, worldly, shallow and lukewarm, there would be a few who would fight and declare God's church is exactly what God wants and He is pleased with us.

But of those that remain, there would be a myriad of answers but none with a proposed correction to get us back on track. We read about revival, but are like the lame man at the pool of Bethesda, waiting for the angel to stir the water.

I have my own opinion, which I hope to share, but what say you? Is the church just fine, just drowned out by all the tares? Wait. That should be a red flag, right? Is the church as a whole walking in defeat, bickering over doctrine, overtaken with things of the world? Is holiness not only seen as impossible but also as a lifestyle that would constrict our "self" expression?

What is your thought on this matter? What is the root of the problem? And more importantly, what can we do to change it?

Thanks in advance,

Gideon
2 CHR 7:14

my self i will meet you half way the true Church which is the Body of Christ . there will always be a remint but Church attendance even of those truly Born again has declined. is it all in church attendance ? no but it has a important role in our walk . one thing about it there is no one certain thing hindering the Church .other than the person in the mirror

The only works that play a part of our salvation are the works Christ performed.
and i have agreed with that . i will say the only work based salvation is self righteousness i see all kinds from those who live like hell and claim to be saved. those who say you cant know till you die if you go to heaven then those who will tell you there lost and going to hell

and i have agreed with that . i will say the only work based salvation is self righteousness i see all kinds from those who live like hell and claim to be saved. those who say you cant know till you die if you go to heaven then those who will tell you there lost and going to hell
Professing or 'claimingg' salvation is one thing but actually possessing salvation, the Person of Jesus Christ, manifested in the new birth, is another.

Agreed!

Those are some of the most serious words in all of the Bible.

Professing or 'claimingg' salvation is one thing but actually possessing salvation, the Person of Jesus Christ, manifested in the new birth, is another.

Jesus also spoke to that in Matthew 7:23........
"“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

Agreed. I refer to it as "Pruning".

so where does the doctrine of Grace come in?
To be totally honest, The phrase “doctrines of grace” is used as a replacement for the term “Calvinism,” in order to remove the attention from John Calvin and instead focus on how the specific points are biblically and theologically sound.

Calvinistic teaching said that grace doctrines are summarized with the acronym TULIP.
T in TULIP stands for Total Depravity
U for Unconditional Election,
L for Limited Atonement,
I for Irresistible Grace, and
P for Perseverance of the Saints.

Reformed Christians believe that all five of the doctrines of grace are derived directly from the Scripture and that the acronym TULIP accurately describes the Bible’s teaching on soteriology—the doctrine of salvation which stems only from the GRACE of God.

Unfortunately those kinds of people have been with us forever and will be until the end.

IMHO, one of the reason for that is the false teaching that if I say the sinners prayer or if I get water baptized then I am saved and then I can do what I want to do and I will be OK.

no need be sorry works could be a small part call our own righteousness .i hear so many unchurched folks say just have faith paul said faith with out works is dead . works follows salvation. the Big issue at hand we have left out and forgotten God . we are spiritual Israel and we have golden calves . i agree with the above scripture .but trust me the other Gospel is more than works . however i will substitute it for self righteousness. we also deal with another spirit and another Jesus . these things are 2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted—you may well put up with it!

May I say to you that if works do not follow the salvation experience then there was not a salvation experience in the 1st place.

Ephesians 2:10 says,.......
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

It is my understanding that God’s goal in saving us was not only to rescue us from hell, but also that we would reflect His character and goodness to the world so that HE could be seen in what we do for HIM.

The Bible says that God delights to see us becoming more like His Son. We were created in God’s image. Sin marred that image. When God bought us back for Himself, it was to restore His image in us and free us to become all we were created to be. When the Holy Spirit comes to live inside us, He prompts us to do things that glorify HIM. Our desire to please God grows as our understanding of Him grows. That desire to please God results in good works and if it does not.......then that is how we can know if we are actually saved.

But that is just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back