The Reason the Church is Floundering....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus also spoke to that in Matthew 7:23........
"“And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”
Yes, the works based crowd uses that passage to bolster their position , where instead, what it is showing is the vanit of appealing to our works and the necessity of the new birth.

Unfortunately those kinds of people have been with us forever and will be until the end.

IMHO, one of the reason for that is the false teaching that if I say the sinners prayer or if I get water baptized then I am saved and then I can do what I want to do and I will be OK.
i agree and i cringe at the mass altar calls the local 1st Baptist in our town brings in a evangelist great preacher. but at the end he does the every eye close hold your hand up. repeat this prayer after me. then if you said this prayer come up front meet our counselors . if i give a altar call and i do , there aint no repeat this prayer after me

To be totally honest, The phrase “doctrines of grace” is used as a replacement for the term “Calvinism,” in order to remove the attention from John Calvin and instead focus on how the specific points are biblically and theologically sound.

Calvinistic teaching said that grace doctrines are summarized with the acronym TULIP.
T in TULIP stands for Total Depravity
U for Unconditional Election,
L for Limited Atonement,
I for Irresistible Grace, and
P for Perseverance of the Saints.

Reformed Christians believe that all five of the doctrines of grace are derived directly from the Scripture and that the acronym TULIP accurately describes the Bible’s teaching on soteriology—the doctrine of salvation which stems only from the GRACE of God.
i am fully aware of what Calvinist teach .but i aint Calvinist / reformed .but born again free will believer. i also am not a limited attornment. i am of the whoso ever shall no limits on who God can save there is hope as long as a person has breath and can comprehend the need for salvation / Grace has so many functions we can not even phantom

.i hear so many unchurched folks say just have faith paul said faith with out works is dead . works follows salvation.
There is a saying I like and believe is true, "We are justified by faith alone, but the faith that justifies is never alone."
IOW, faith is accompanied by good works, but God only regards our faith in Christ's righteousness (not our own) when He justifies us (counts us as righteous on account of Christ Jesus.).

"We are justified by faith alone
the only issue with that is we are also justified by grace and the Blood .certainly with out fait it is impossible to please God . he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him but faith alone i dont agree with. plz dont get me wrong i do not discount faith as it is a key to our salvation .i like how paul listed it by grace through faith

the only issue with that is we are also justified by grace and the Blood .certainly with out fait it is impossible to please God . he is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him but faith alone i dont agree with. plz dont get me wrong i do not discount faith as it is a key to our salvation .i like how paul listed it by grace through faith
Faith is the basis for conducting our entire daily lives and the basis of our lifestyles. That's what "the just shall live by faith" means; once we're justified by grace, we live our lives by faith.

Yes, would you agree that we are justified BY grace alone THROUGH faith alone ON ACCOUNT of Christ alone?
If so, we are essentially saying the same thing.

Yes, would you agree that we are justified BY grace alone THROUGH faith alone ON ACCOUNT of Christ alone?
i would be a fool to say no . thus has been my discussion not argument a disagreement on saying faith alone. as you just showed its a combo that brings justification. but in a nut shell GOD grants it. this why i say if we do our part

i would be a fool to say no . thus has been my discussion not argument a disagreement on saying faith alone. as you just showed its a combo that brings justification. but in a nut shell GOD grants it. this why i say if we do our part
So what is 'our part' besides faith, when it comes to our justification?

your welcome to say what you want . its a discussion and i have said work follows salvation
Yes that is true. I am not sure why you feel the need to tell me that but I agree.

And that is "exactly" what I said my friend!!!

After a man is saved he will want to do good works. Good works is a by-product of salvation and is not vehicle to salvation.

be doers of the word
Just out of curiosity, how much ‘doing’ must we ‘do‘ before we know we are justified?

Notice the past perfect tense…‘having been justified’…

Romans 5:1
[1] Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

Last edited:

I do not want to argue with you and I do not seek to confront you......but Biblically there is NO combination of salvation.

As crossnote clearly said......It is "faith alone" that save us.

His question was............"Yes, would you agree that we are justified BY grace alone THROUGH faith alone ON ACCOUNT of Christ alone?"

That is a redundant propsition as the answer is in the question.

James 1:22...........
"Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says” Or, as the ESV puts it, “Be doers of the word.”

That says we "do" because we have heard the Word of God. We "do" because we are saved we do not "do" to be saved.
I agree. Good works are the RESULT of salvation, not the CAUSE of salvation.

..It is "faith alone" that save us.
i can only go by this Ephesians 2:
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

by grace scripture i find no place in scripture faith alone your welcome to hold to that but i aint..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back