Views on discipline/spanking?

Certain factions of government want to control every aspect of our lives. Be it raising children or what we eat etc. Personally l never got a spanking l didnt need and my boys will say the same thing. All are good men today.

I don't believe hitting a child teaches them right from wrong. Rather, it would appear to hardwire them for both giving and receiving physical abuse for wrong doing in future. Non-physical punishment, talking with the child so they understand what they did wrong, allows for the child to recognize right from wrong.

Good morning, Damascus;

Nobody knows your children better than you and they were not raised according to the way the next family raised theirs.

From sharing your testimony and Scriptures, how are your children doing today from raising them? How do they coexist with others outside the home?

This is not a trick question or baiting, just fellowship and learning.

God bless you, sister.

Certain factions of government want to control every aspect of our lives. Be it raising children or what we eat etc. Personally l never got a spanking l didnt need and my boys will say the same thing. All are good men today.
what about your girls?

It used to be teachers that beat up the kids at school not the parents, but that has now been outlawed. I guess the teachers didn't know what they were doing. The parents used to leave all the discipline to the school teachers.

I think it depends on whether you are raising sheep or goats. Definitely a lot of parents have more kids these days than lambs.
I'd say a lot of lambs are actually sacrificed first eg mothers abort them.

In school, I can definitely tell which child is a lamb and which one is a kid. Not by their outward appearance, but their character and the way they behave and go about things.

😊 morning, Damascus;

Nobody knows your children better than you and they were not raised according to the way the next family raised theirs.

From sharing your testimony and Scriptures, how are your children doing today from raising them? How do they coexist with others outside the home?

This is not a trick question or baiting, just fellowship and learning.

God bless you, sister.
My children are healthy, and very well adjusted. They've never been in trouble with the law. They're peace filled, kind, and charitable of heart.
They volunteer, they even buy groceries for struggling families [food banks].

I don't have bits or whips on my property either. And my thoroughbreds are healthy and very happy for it.

Thanks for asking.😊🕊️

It used to be teachers that beat up the kids at school not the parents, but that has now been outlawed. I guess the teachers didn't know what they were doing. The parents used to leave all the discipline to the school teachers.
I was paddled at school but never considered it getting beat up.

My dad always said, he'd never have anything that he'd have to beat to get it to obey.

His kids turned out fine.

you must have been a better kid than l was. A butt whipping and a beating are different.
My dad never spanked me. My mom tried once but her heart wasn't in it, and I covered my backside with my hand so to take the spanks there. She never spanked me again.

I was a smart good kid. I didn't need to be beat to get the point.

I wasnt that smart.
Me either.

I was a really terrible kid… and teenager… and young adult. Spanked at school and home alike. Slapped a few times. Put on restrictions at both home and school also. Probably way less than I deserved.

I am ashamed to admit this, but all it seemed to really teach me was to be sneaky and lie to avoid the physical punishment.

I am sure it was just me and my own sinful nature and not necessarily the punishment. To say it was the discipline would be to avoid responsibility for my actions.

It was a team effort by my wife and Our Lord over time that finally opened my eyes to who and what I was and who I really wanted to be and where the answers were to be found.

God Bless my wife, like the Lord, she never gave up on me and I owe her more than I can ever repay and God more than I can say.

The Lord be with you all.

Me either.

I was a really terrible kid… and teenager… and young adult. Spanked at school and home alike. Slapped a few times. Put on restrictions at both home and school also. Probably way less than I deserved.

I am ashamed to admit this, but all it seemed to really teach me was to be sneaky and lie to avoid the physical punishment.

I am sure it was just me and my own sinful nature and not necessarily the punishment. To say it was the discipline would be to avoid responsibility for my actions.

It was a team effort by my wife and Our Lord over time that finally opened my eyes to who and what I was and who I really wanted to be and where the answers were to be found.

God Bless my wife, like the Lord, she never gave up on me and I owe her more than I can ever repay and God more than I can say.

I understand. My wife most likely saved my life.

Me either. I was a really terrible kid… and teenager… and young adult. Spanked at school and home alike. Slapped a few times. Put on restrictions at both home and school also. Probably way less than I deserved. I am ashamed to admit this, but all it seemed to really teach me was to be sneaky and lie to avoid the physical punishment. I am sure it was just me and my own sinful nature and not necessarily the punishment. To say it was the discipline would be to avoid responsibility for my actions. It was a team effort by my wife and Our Lord over time that finally opened my eyes to who and what I was and who I really wanted to be and where the answers were to be found. God Bless my wife, like the Lord, she never gave up on me and I owe her more than I can ever repay and God more than I can say.
I find guiding and disciplining my grandchildren easier for some reason. I wonder how many of you like me who have grandchildren find it less stressful to guide them than your actual children? Parents are generally stressed and I think it helps when we help them out with their children.

Hello blueskies and Via;

blueskies, no way!
But I have to admit from reading your post I don't feel so bad anymore. lol! You sounded just like me - 😈 🤡 🤥

I feel God brings it all out when He is developing us from our youth so later in life when we cross other young kids or people "we can relate" and minister to them.

Hello Via;

I know your grandchildren love you and feel your being a Grandmother is similar to our being an Uncle and Aunt. What we have in common is we get to be the nice guys. lol! My wife is like a Grandma to our 5 year old niece who adore each other. But we're careful not to undermine the parents.

God bless God's children given to parents and family.

l recall my boy was here with his 3 boys for a visit. One of his boys did something, dont racall what. My boy said "if l had done tht you would have spanked my butt." l said that he isnt you and its not my job to make him mind. My grandchildren, especially the little girls got away with about anything lol. Now l have two great granddaughters and a great grandson on the way. So, let the spoiling begin. :)

Back